FEAC announces the development of a Non-Invasive Toolkit to Predict the Arterial Flow via Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) & Artificial Intelligence (AI)techniques
Worldwide, cardiovascular artery diseases (CAD) are the leading cause of death for both men and women. Atherosclerotic disease is the leading cause of death worldwide. The total expenditure in the United States on heart disease, including healthcare services, medication and premature death, amounts to approximately 219 billion annually. Atherosclerosis is a disease of the arterial wall. It is presented in vessels of medium and large size and in specific regions. The main problem is that although millions of people are sick and in a large part of them the disease is in an advanced stage, they do not present clinical symptoms. The clinical manifestation of the disease occurs either with an ischemic episode or with a heart attack, which is often fatal.
Today, FEAC announces the development of an AI toolkit based on numerical simulations, to provide real time diagnostic information (severity of stenosis) to Physicians.
AIrtery combines the technical skills and expertise of FEAC, in the fields of high-fidelity numerical simulations and Artificial Intelligence, to offer an innovative product for the Health Industry.
“FEAC’s AIrtery will transform cardiovascular diagnostics by harnessing the power of AI, CFD, and physics-informed insights, equipping clinicians with the knowledge to make precise, well-informed decisions for exceptional patient car.”
Dimitrios Lampropoulos, CFD Engineer, Ph.D. BioEngineering, FEAC Engineering
With AIrtery, FEAC aims to:
- provide to the clinicals an non-invasive tool to estimate the severity of the stenosis
- predict with accuracy the blood flow inside the coronary arteries, via Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) models
- Enable access to the Physicians to reliable results allowing for fast and responsible decisions, within few minutes
- Reduce the clinical costs
- Provide an innovative tool to further mitigate the most common cause of death Cardiovascular Artery Disease
The main features of AIrtery will be:
- Almost real-time CFD simulation results by using innovative AI-assisted Reduced Order Models (ROMs)
- Calculation of 𝐹𝐹𝑅𝑀𝐿 to estimate the significance of coronary stenosis
- Intuitive Graphical User Interface for easy operation by non-experts
“FEAC’s AIrtery will utilize advanced algorithms to create a personalized 3D model of a patient’s coronary arteries and analyze the blood flow. The goal of the platform is to help physicians diagnose and manage coronary artery disease (CAD) more effectively.”
Ioannis Boutopoulos, AI & CFD Engineer, Ph.D. BioEngineering, FEAC Engineering
Contact us at email@example.com to learn more about AIrtery and stay tuned to learn more!