Simulation software for the creation of Digital twins of FSI (Fluid-Soil interaction) problems (vibrations, acoustics, wave propagation, etc.)
Study of micro-seismic & infrasound noise generated by wind turbines. The waves are propagated through the air and soil possibly affecting nearby residences or Seismological/Earthquake data centers. The simulation handles effectively the fluid-soil-structure interaction (FSI) phenomenon.
Protect Structures from soil transmitted waves e.g. study of vibration isolation by adding piles in the foundations of a wind turbine or bridge.
RESTORE PEACE TO THE ECOSYSTEM
The International Maritime Organization’s (IMO) , in 2014, recognizing that underwater noise associated with shipping was an issue that could be mitigated and addressing concerns about its short and long-term negative impacts on marine life, especially marine mammals, approved guidelines for commercial ships on ways to reduce underwater noise. Given the complexities associated with ship design and construction, the Guidelines focus on primary sources of underwater noise, namely on propellers, hull form, on-board machinery, and various operational and maintenance recommendations such as hull cleaning. Additionally, piling operations performed during the installation of offshore wind turbines or the construction of bridges influence heavily the underwater life. PITHIA-FSI provides unprecedented capabilities to study the noise propagation in underwater environments & develop noise mitigation systems, due to its unique BEM solver.
Elastic wave propagation & scattering solutions
Ground vibrations & vibration isolation
Fluid-Soil Interaction analysis
Acoustic radiation & scattering solutions
Top-class Accelerated FEM/BEM solver
- 100% 100%
- PITHIA’s solver offers unprecedented capabilities to the user over the competition:
1) Based on the accelerated Boundary Element Method, it is capable of solving complex models corresponding to more than 1million DoF (Degrees of Freedom). This reduces the need for simplifcations and modeling assumptions. Instead, it increases the confidence & accuracy of the computed results.
2) By implementing innovative numerical techniques, it offers drastically faster solution times
3) It minimizes the computer hardware requirements.
- 100% 100%
PITHIA-EM drives innovation in Digital Twins of Electro-magnetic systems and provides unprecedented capabilities compared to the competition.
- 100% 100%
- The dominant competing solution is the Finite Element Method (FEM), which generally is very well implemented but has certain limitations in problems dealing with infinite/semi-infinite domains. The method has significantly higher computational requirements, making it unsuitable for e.g. acoustic, vibration wave propagation in soil and electromagnetic problems. PITHIA is based on the Boundary Element Method (BEM), the main advantage of which is the reduction of the dimensionality of the problem. This means that only the boundaries of the problem is required to be discretized in contrast with the FEM where the volume of the e.g. sea, soil or water must be discretized. Thus, the model preparation in PITHIA is significant simpler. Additionally, it well-known that the Boundary Element method offer unprecedented accuracy compared to the Finite Element Method.
Need more information?
Do you have any questions about PITHIA-EM or one of the other solutions we offer?
Contact us to learn more about our software portfolio our services and current projects.
SUPPORT & DOWNLOADS
TECHNICAL INFORMATION, BROCHURES & FACT SHEETS
The available pdfs provide technical information regarding your product of choice. For further information please contact us
How to download pdf archives:
- Click ‘+’ in the right side to select archive
- View and download the archived pdf file