Structural – Thermal Engineer / FEM Specialist
Are you interested in the challenges of designing & simulating complex engineering structures and devices? Would you like to participate in word-class projects? Is numerical modelling your passion? Is the client satisfaction and the goal achievement an out of the question approach in your professional life? Take part!
As an experienced engineer, you will:
- Develop multi-physics Finite Element Models (Structural & Thermal) for various industry sectors;
- Be a driving and innovative force in the development of new simulation models, workflows, simulation automations and scripts.
- Act as an expert user of design and analysis tools, including commercial and in-house software, and drive their development, evolution and application;
- Take initiatives and drive collaborative projects with/for other companies & institutes;
- Be responsible for the customer support & relation.
- Represent FEAC in meetings, conferences & exhibitions.
- Participate in the writing of technical proposals & reports.
Master’s degree or PhD in the field of mechanical/electrical engineering (or a related field) with specialization in structural & thermal phenomena through computational mechanics.
We are looking for an expert professional in numerical simulation with in-depth experience of engineering.
- Extensive, demonstrated and recognized experience in design & modelling of structures focusing on the structural & thermal behaviour.
- Mastery of mechanical and thermal modelling, including customization and development.
- Demonstrated experience in leading engineering projects.
- Experience in projects involving academic and industrial partners.
- Design and modelling of structures: in particular mechanical (Static & dynamic structural analysis, modal, fatigue & buckling) and thermal (radiation, convection, conduction) modelling.
- Knowledge and application of computational methods and tools.
- Knowledge of metals, alloys & composite materials (isotropic, anisotropic & orthotropic materials).
- Project management.
- Excellent knowledge of simulation tools & platforms (e.g. SIEMENS Simcenter & FEMAP, ANSYS, etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of CAD tools (e.g. SIEMENS NX, CATIA, Solidworks, etc.)
- Experience in designing according to European Norms will be considered a plus.
- Python, C++ programming language will be considered a plus.
- Excellent communication, cooperation, presentation and technical skills.
- Solving problems: identifying, defining and assessing problems, taking action to address them; anticipating & overcoming obstacles; assessing alternative solutions in order to have a fall-back plan; assimilating large quantities of information, identifying key issues and formulating conclusions clearly and concisely.
- Leading with strength and credibility: demonstrating authority and being accountable for actions, decisions and effective functioning of the team; making timely decisions that balance systematic analysis with decisiveness; dealing with difficulties in a timely manner.
- Working in team: supporting and acting in accordance with team decisions; accepting joint responsibility for team successes and shortcomings; building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships; understanding when teamwork is required to achieve the best results; including others accordingly and sharing information.
- Learning and sharing knowledge: keeping up-to-date with developments in own field of expertise and readily absorbing new information; sharing knowledge and expertise freely and willingly with others; coaching others to ensure knowledge transfer; proposing ways to improve or streamline existing procedures, processes and methodologies.
Fluency in spoken and written Greek & English: ability to draw-up technical specifications and/or scientific reports and to make oral presentations in both languages.
Additional languages will be considered a plus.
Fulfilled military obligations
FEAC Engineering P.C. offers an attractive remuneration package, a dynamic working environment, excessive training and excellent opportunities for career development.